Dates: January 19th to 22nd, 2018
This workshop is for individuals who are interested in leading community and group processes to create connection, foster understanding and come to decisions together.
Participants will be introduced to facilitation tools and approaches that create connection, flow, clarity and outcomes. The workshop will be highly interactive and we will be playing with scenarios for honouring outlying perspectives, First Nations or other non-dominant culture perspectives. There will be opportunities to practice finding the sweet spot for supporting community/group members to know that they have been heard while maintaining movement and productivity.
Some specific topics covered during the workshop will include:
- Tools for:
- creating connection between participants,
- giving people a chance to be heard,
- taking stock,
- collaborative idea generation,
- making space for differences,
- setting priorities, and making choices;
- Approaches for moving past positions and digging for what’s most important;
- How to facilitate for power, privilege, and marginalized perspectives; and
- Turning challenging group dynamics into opportunities to increase honesty, trust and care.
The workshop cost includes four full days of training, materials, snacks and tea/coffee.
- Early bird Registration Cost: $360 (deadline December 15th)
- Full Registration Cost: $420 (deadline January 12th)
We will be gathering on beautiful Gabriola in a private home overlooking the Salish Sea. Accommodation options vary from: $35-$100 per night.
Facilitator/Trainer: Angela Walkley